I think these names are going to stick!
This is where we share our pictures & videos of the von Wasmuth twins: Kathryn Elaine and Jocelyn Grace.
Monday, February 25, 2013
Jellyfish and Purple
In our family, it isn't uncommon for nicknames given by kids to stick rather permanently. We've been calling my mom "Pralla" or "Pra" since one of the kids we babysat coined that nickname. My aunt Patty is called "Sammy" and "Sam" by her whole family since one of her grandkids started that years ago. We've been waiting for the girls to pick names for my parents for 7 whole years! Kathryn looked down over the banister recently and called out to my mom, bellowing "PURPLE!" For those of you who know my mom, you will see how appropriate this nickname is, based on her affinity for all things purple. Jocelyn was hanging out with my dad this weekend, answering all of her newly learned questions. He decided to mix it up and asked her what HIS name was. She looked right at him and said "Jellyfish!" We asked her the question numerous times throughout the day and with no prompting or reminders, she continued to call him Jellyfish. The video below shows a couple of interactions where Jocelyn renames her grandpa from John to Jellyfish to John Jellyfish.
I think these names are going to stick!
I think these names are going to stick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is painfully unacceptable for this cuteness to take place while I am away. Please cease all adorable activities until I return. Thank you! :-)
Ohhhhh this just made my night!! I think Jellyfish and Purple are the best names ever.
Wonderful names!
Purple and the Jellyfish sounds like a band. Better dig out some instruments!
awesome!!! so so exciting!!
John Jellyfish and Priscilla Purple, PERFECT!
So so so cute, I loved it!!!
Post a Comment