Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Day at the Beach

We took a day trip to Seaside this week because the weather was beautiful and we couldn't resist the lure of watching the girls play on the beach. They both truly enjoyed every minute of our short little jaunt to the coast and we got some great pictures to prove it!

Kurt walking toward the ocean with the girls when we first arrived. It was quite windy so we started the day out in windbreakers.
Me posing with both girls and Lewis and Clark.
Wading with a mystified Jocelyn and a happy/terrified Kathryn.
Jocie, Kurt and Kate on the carousel.
I got a new camera this week because I dropped my other one in the hot tub on the 4th of July. We are so pleased with the quality of the photos. Getting good pictures of both Kathryn and Jocelyn takes a LOT of work and often there is nothing to show for it, but I happened to get some fabulous snaps of each of them during this trip.

Kate's best photos of the day:







Jocie's best photos of the day:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa & Kurt,
I love all these pictures of your little girls. They are adorable!! Can't believe what a difference the new camera makes in the clarity and sharpness of the photos. Some should be blown up, you know, enlarged, i.e. the close-
ups of their faces and the one of Kate walking into the vast blue ocean in her pink jacket. Great job
on the photo taking!
Love,
Wendy

Liz and Steve said...

Hey guys! I love the new pictures of your family at Seaside. You got a beautiful summer "beach" day! The girls are growing up soooo fast. I love the picture of chasing the seagulls!