The Sea Lion Caves are an hour down the road from Newport. I know I visited there are a kid but did not remember it at all so I was excited to bring the girls to check it out. I thought they would get a kick out of the sea lions. As it turned out, there were no sea lions in the actual cave. They were all outside, sunning themselves on the rocks! To my surprise, the girls didn't care much about the sea lions but they loved being in the cave.
![]() |
| Kate, Kurt and Joce. |
![]() |
| Kate, me and Joce. |
![]() |
| Love this smiling picture of both girls (K&J) as we started our walk to the cave elevator. In the background you can barely see the Heceta Head lighthouse. |
![]() |
| Sea lions on the rocks WAY below the path. |
![]() |
| Empty cave. |
![]() |
| Sea lion-less cave selfie. |
![]() |
| Jocelyn looking through the binoculars at nothing. |
![]() |
| Kathryn doing the same. |
![]() |
| Descending the stairs among the pretty lights. |
![]() |
| K&J with a mosaic sea lion. |
![]() |
| View from the top of the world near Cape Perpetua. |











No comments:
Post a Comment